The Operations Research group develops its activity with a focus on optimization, modeling, algorithmic development and implementation. Within nonlinear optimization, fractional quadratic problems, semidefinite programming, complementarity problems, derivative-free and multiobjective optimization are some of the areas in which the group members had a relevant impact. The group also works in combinatorial optimization, with impact in facility and hub location problems, project scheduling, timetabling, and facility layout optimization. There is a strong component of applications and collaboration with industry, requiring not only algorithmic development but also modelling skills. Contributions appear in supply chain design, reverse logistics, biology of conservation, health and ageing related problems.
- a solver for constrained or unconstrained derivative-free optimization problems:: SID-PSM
- a solver for multiobjective derivative-free optimization problems: DMS , BoostDMS
- a solver suited for global derivative-free constrained optimization: GLODS
- a solver suited for global derivative-free multiobjective constrained optimization: MultiGLODS
- an open-source application, licensed under the GPL v3, designed to select connectivity linkages for distinct types of habitats, under a cost-efficient protocol: MulTyLink
- a package for selecting variable subsets. Contributed packages of The Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN): Subselect. CHECK DOWNLOADS HERE.